ReseñaShakespeare, The Movie brings together an impressive line-up of contributors to consider how Shakespeare has been adapted on film, TV, and video, and explores the impact of this popularization on the canonical status of Shakespeare.
Taking a fresh look at the Bard an his place in the movies, Shakespeare, The Movie includes a selection of what is presently available in filmic format to the Shakespeare student or scholar, ranging across BBC television productions, filmed theatre productions, and full screen adaptations by Kenneth Branagh and Franco Zeffirelli. Films discussed include:
* Amy Heckerling's Clueless
* Gus van Sant's My Own Private Idaho
* Branagh's Henry V
* Baz Luhrman's William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet
* John McTiernan's Last Action Hero
* Peter Greenaway's Prospero's Books
* Zeffirelli's Hamlet.